Hide this site (ESC)

In an emergency call 999

Need help? 0800 304 7575

Self refer here

Reporting a Crime

If you need to report a crime that is still taking place, call 999 for an emergency response. Your call will be answered quickly and you will be asked if you need other services, such as ambulance or fire and rescue. 

If the situation is not an emergency, you can call 101 or go to a local Police station to report a crime.

When you make a report, you will be asked for details of what happened, when and where. It might be helpful for you to make a note of these details as soon as possible after the incident while it is still fresh in your mind, so you are clear when talking to the Police.

The Police should take these details as part of your statement – they should then issue you with either a crime or incident number. You should keep note of this number as this will be a reference for your case. In addition the Police should provide you with details of the Officer in your case. This Officer will provide an update to you if the offender has been caught – and if you need to find out any information on the progress of your case before then, you can contact 101 and using your crime number, be able to receive information over the phone.

Reporting a crime anonymously

If you want to report or give information about a crime or incident anonymously, you can contact Crimestoppers – this means that you will not have to give your name. Call them on 0800 555 111 or by using their online reporting form http://crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information/forms/pre-form